Setting the appropriate trigger is just the first step creating a custom automation workflow. To find which trigger, or triggers, you need for your automation, you must identify what event sets your automation in motion. Typical examples of triggers are actions like a recipient of one of the campaigns opening the newsletter they received, or someone visiting a specific page on your website.
To set up a trigger in an automation workflow:
- In the top navigation bar, click the Automation tab.
- Click New and then select Custom automation.
- On the Automations page, click Select your trigger. The Select a Trigger window appears.
- Navigate the window and select a trigger.
You can click the tabs on the left to view triggers in corresponding categories:
- Click the arrow next to your selected trigger.
- In the Trigger only once? drop-down list, select either Yes or No. Your choice determines if the workflow is triggered for every subscription of the same recipient or only on the first subscription of your recipient.
Note: The available triggers which have to do with specific products from your website would require you to provide the Product Code for the product action that triggers your automation.
- Click Save.