One of the items in the Campaign Editor that you can use in designing your email marketing campaigns is a product. You can select a product from your website and add it to your newsletter using the editor. This allows your subscribers to easily see product information and make a purchase.
After adding a layout, you can add a product item to your design.
Note: To add products from your website to your campaign, you must first enable tracking of your website.
A. Adding a product item
To add a product item:
- In the editor’s left pane, click the Items tab.
- Drag and drop the Product item into an empty container in the editing area.
- Double-click the item, and in the Search for products dialog, enter the information for the following fields:
- Select Website: select the website from the drop-down list that displays all websites that are connected and verified with your account.
- Search Product: Enter the search term to find the product that you want to add. For a product to display in this list, it must have had a tracking event (Product view, Added to cart, and so on).
- Click Select Product.
B. Edit the product settings
- Click the product item to display the Product settings in the editor’s right pane. You can set the following:
- Background Color: select the background color of the product item. The default color is transparent.
- Use for Gmail Promotions Tab: click the switch to put the settings in the Active state and enable Gmail Promotions tab.
- Title: enter the title to be displayed below the product image.
- Featured image: to use a custom cover image for the product, click Select to browse and select the image you want to use. You can click this again to replace the image.
Note: After adding an image, you can resize the image manually. In the editing area, click and drag the bottom-right corner of your image to edit increase, or decrease its size in the container.
- Description: enter the product description or leave this field empty.
- Price: enter the product price or leave this empty. Automatically filled with the product's price number, depending on the value you pass through the tracking events. If no value is passed through the tracking events, a default price is displayed.
- Old Price: enter the old product price or leave this empty. Automatically filled with the product's price number, depending on the value you pass through the tracking events. If no value is passed through the tracking events, a default price is displayed.
- Product Code/SKU: enter the product code or SKU or leave this field empty. Automatically filled with the product's price number, depending on the value you pass through the tracking events.
- Button Link: enter the URL for the selected product or leave this field empty. This field is automatically filled based on the value passed through tracking events.
- Button Label: enter the label for the button that contains the product’s URL. By default, the label is set to Shop now.
- To search for a new product and replace the current one, click Select a product.
C. Edit additional settings for styles
- Click the product item to display the Product settings in the editor’s right pane.
- Scroll down and expand the drop-down menus for the following styles:
- Title styles
- Description styles
- Price styles
- Old price styles
- Code / SKU styles
- Button styles
- See the procedure on how to edit each product style.