The Campaign Editor lets you add promotions annotations in your newsletters for the Gmail Promotion tab. This way you can highlight your emails in the Gmail Promotions tab by adding key information.
To add a Gmail annotation:
- In the editor’s left pane, click the Settings tab.
- Scroll down and click the Gmail annotation drop-down menu.
- Click the switch to put the settings in the Active state.
Note: Enabling this setting doesn't necessarily mean that your annotation will always appear in the Gmail Promotions tab since Gmail is using a complicated algorithm to show annotations.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Featured image: click to browse and use the image picker to upload an image from your computer, or from a variety of applications. You can click the image to delete it and select a new one.
- Logo: click to select an image that will appear as the sender's logo. You can upload an image from your computer, or directly from various other sources, such as Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, and so on. You can click the image to delete it and select a new one.
- Description: enter a description. If you added a product to your design and selected to use it for the Gmail Promotions tab, the description will be auto-filled with the product's title.
- Discount code: enter the code that goes with your offer.
- Expiration date: set an expiration date and time for the offer in your annotation and click OK.
- To preview your Google Promotions annotation, on the top menu, click Preview. The editor switches to Preview mode.
- Click Google to preview your annotation.