Every email campaign sent through our platform conforms with the CAN-SPAM laws to include a mandatory unsubscribe link. To help you with this, you can use the text settings in the Campaign Editor to automatically add an unsubscribe link. You can customize the way people unsubscribe from your email lists by adding CSS to personalize the appearance of the unsubscribe link.
To customize an Unsubscribe link:
- In the editor’s left pane, click the Items tab.
- Drag and drop the Text item to an empty container in the editing area. We use Text in this example but you can choose any element type that lets you add text to it and one that best fits your campaign design.
Click the text item to display the Text settings in the editor’s right pane.
- In the Content tab, in the text field, enter the text that you want to display as an unsubscribe link by typing it directly or pasting the text.
- Select the part of the text that you want to use as a link. The selected text is highlighted in blue.
- Click or press Ctrl+L on your keyboard.
- In the Insert/Edit Link dialog, in the Personalization Tags drop-down menu, select Unsubscribe Link.
- Click Save.
- You can use the Content, Style, and Settings tabs of the text toolbar to edit your unsubscribe link, by changing its color, font, size, alignment, and other characteristics as you see fit.
Note: You can also find the Unsubscribe Link option in the Personalization tags drop-down list, in the Content tab of Text settings.