Properly setting up CNAMES for your hosting provider helps ensure that any changes required for your custom domain can be carried out with maximum efficiency and minimum disruption. Setting up a CNAME on your BlueHost provider is truly easy and quick.
Let's see exactly how it's done:
Fill in the form fields as follows:
- In the Host Record add only enter only the subdomain of the address you want to use for your Custom Domain of our platform
- For example, if you have selected "newsletter.mydomain.com" as your address, enter the word "newsletter"
- If you wish to use a root domain such as "www.mydomain.com" then simply enter "www"
4. Select the CNAME option from the Type drop-down menu.
5. In the Points To section, enter the URL of your login page in our platform.
If your site address is mydomain.com then your login page in our platform is mydomain.moosend.com. You have to add a CNAME record to your DNS for your domain, a subdomain similar to the newsletter.mydomain.com example. Whatever your CNAME record is, it will need to point to mydomain.moosend.com.
6. Click on the Add Record button.
This change can take up to 48 hours to propagate, but will usually propagate sooner.