The concept of how our Editor works is very intuitive. You start defining your overall structure by adding empty Containers that divide the blank space into different rows. You can choose between various Containers that consist of vertical slots of different sizes, and then fill these slots with the Elements of your choosing (images, text, etc.).
So, you add rows, each row pre-divided in vertical slots, and you place your elements one below the other inside these slots and then you are free to design your newsletter according to preference.
Νote that you can create whichever elaborate design comes to your mind, adding more rows as you go along, dropping stuff inside each row's slots, always able to rearrange the rows and edit your design at any time. Just keep in mind that your newsletter Structure needs to have at least one row, so the simplest Structure you can possibly create is by using just one Container, wherein you will be adding all your Elements in a single vertical slot.
To start defining the structure of your newsletter just follow the steps below:
A. Setting up a Structure
1. Drag and drop a Container to the white area at the right side of the menu.
2. Add more Containers if you want.
You can choose between any of the following types:
- Full Width Container
This row consists of one vertical slot which extends to the complete width of your design.
- Half Width Container
This row is divided into two equally sized vertical slots.
- 1/3 - 2/3 Container
This row is divided into two vertical slots, with the first having half the width of the second.
- 2/3 - 1/3 Container
This row is divided into two vertical slots, with the first having twice the width of the second.
- 3 X 1/3 Container
This row is divided into three equally sized vertical slots.
- 4 X 1/4 Container
This row is divided into four equally sized vertical slots.
3. Click on the cross symbol, appearing on the right side of each Container when you place your mouse over it, and drag it up or down.
This way you can fluidly change the Structure of your newsletter, by rearranging the sequence of rows.
4. Click on the page symbol, appearing on the right side of each Container when you place your mouse over it, to duplicate the Container.
This way you can quickly clone a Container that you have already set up to perfectly match your design, and get more that look precisely like it. Saying that, let's see how you can tweak a Container so that it appears exactly as you want it to.
B. Setting up the details
1. Click on the settings symbol, appearing on the right side of each Container when you place your mouse over it, to access its settings.
The Container settings will immediately be made available on the left side of your Editor page.
2. Set each detail of the Container settings to fit the style of your design. You have a vast array to choose from:
- Row padding
Ranges from 0 to 2000, increasing both the left and right padding of the row and subsequently decreasing the space available for the row's slots.
- Slot spacing
Ranges from 0 to 2000, increasing the distance between the row's slots.
- Row Color
Changes the color of the row using both a color palette and a Hex code as options. You can use the available transparency slider bar to set the color back to transparent.
- Row Background Color (Wide)
Changes the color of the row from one side of the newsletter to the other using both a color palette and a Hex code as options. You can use the available transparency slider bar to set the color back to transparent.
- Border radius
Ranges from o to 2000. Use the up/down arrows to increase or decrease border radius, thus altering the roundness of your container. Alternatively, type the desired value directly into the area next to the arrows.
- Image Picker
Allows you to upload an image from your computer, or directly from various other sources, such as Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, Giphy, and many more.
- Background Image Repeat
Only appears after you have uploaded an image, giving you the option of having the image tile in the horizontal (x), vertical (y), or both horizontal and vertical axes inside the row.
- Cascade blocks for responsiveness
Enabling this option will allow the display of the slots of a row in a vertical alignment, ignoring any slot padding and spacing, on small-width devices using email clients which support the use of media queries.
- Browse Abandonment
C. Conditional visibility settings
1. Click on the + symbol next to Conditional visibility to expand the menu.
2. Then, select a specific Custom Field from the drop-down menu, in order to customize who will view/receive your newsletter.
D. Slot settings
There are as many "Slot" menus as there are slots in your design. Click on the + symbol next to each Slot menu to expand it.
You have the following setup options:
- Background Color
Changes the color of the slot using both a color map and a Hex code as options. You can use the available transparency slider bar to set the color back to transparent.
- Vertical Align
Chooses between a Top, Middle, or Bottom vertical alignment for any elements contained in the specific slot.
E. Deleting a Container
1. Click on the trashcan symbol, appearing on the right side of each Container when you place your mouse over it, to delete the Container.
2. Click on the OK button on the pop-up that appears to move forward with the deletion.