It is always a good idea to give subscribers an option to view newsletter campaigns directly on their browsers to avoid any unforeseen problems with email clients. There are two options you can use to add a View in Browser link to your campaigns using personalization tags.
A. Using the Campaign Editor
You can add a View in Browser link using the Campaign Editor.
To add a View in Browser link using the Campaign Editor:
- Open the campaign you want to edit in the Campaign Editor.
- In the editor’s left pane, click the Items tab.
- Drag and drop the Text item to an empty layout in the editing area. We use Text in this example but you can choose any item that can contain text.
- Click the Text item to display the Text settings in the editor’s right pane.
- In the Content tab, in the text field, enter the text that you want to display as a View in Browser link by typing it directly or pasting the text.
- Select the part of the text that you want to use as a link. The selected text is highlighted in blue.
- Click or press Ctrl+L on your keyboard.
- In the Insert/Edit Link dialog, in the Personalization Tags drop-down menu, select View in Browser
- Click Save. Your recipients can click the link and view your newsletter from a browser, without any email clients involved.
B. Add a link using HTML
You can also manually add the View in Browser link directly into the body of your HTML. To do this, you can manually add the tag inside your HTML, along with an appropriate phrase, for example, "If you can't see this newsletter correctly, you can view it in your browser". You must use the following tag:
<a href=' http://#trackingDomain#/show_