Once you have created your subscription form and completed the basic setup, you may wish to set conditional rules for hiding it, in order to make sure that you are targeting the correct audience.
Let's see how you can do that.
1. Click on the Set visibility settings step located on the left side menu.
2. Scroll down to Advanced Conditional Form Visibility Settings and click on the Conditional rules for hiding the form tab.
3. Specify if the form should be hidden when Any or All rules apply, using the drop-down menu.
The option All will hide the form if all the rules added are true.
The option Any will hide the form if at least one of the rules added is true.
4. Use the Add rule button to add the rule(s) you wish, and fill in the relevant fields to define them.
You have the following options:
- URL Path
To set a rule based on a specific URL path, choose URL Path from the first drop-down menu, specify whether the path is /is not / contains / does not contain / starts with / does not start with /ends with /does not end with and then complete the rule by typing the appropriate URL path into the third drop-down field and then press the enter button to add the value. Please note that this url path is after your domain.
For example, if you wish your form to be hidden when the URL path is /clothes/dresses/ the rule should look like this:
To set a rule based on a specific cookie name, choose Cookie from the first drop-down menu, specify whether it is /is not / contains / does not contain / starts with / does not start with /ends with /does not end with and then complete the rule by typing the appropriate value into the third drop-down field and then press the enter button to add the value.
To filter visitors based on their country, choose Country from the first drop-down menu, specify whether it is/is not and then choose the country from the drop-down list of available countries in the third field.
- Device Type: You can filter visitors based on whether they are viewing through their mobile phone or their desktops. Choose the condition Device Type from the first drop-down menu, select whether this is/is not, and then, from the third drop-down field, select either Desktop or Mobile.
- Operating System: You can filter visitors based on the operating system they are using. To do that choose the condition Operating System from the first drop-down menu, and in the second drop-down menu specify whether the OS is / is not and then choose from the drop-down list of popular operating systems in the third field.
Note that any rules for hiding your form that apply will prevail over rules for showing your form.
Make sure to check out how to use conditional rules for showing your form, as well.