When you have created your subscription form and completed the basic setup, you can set conditional rules for displaying it, in order to maximize its effectiveness.
Tip: You can also check how to use conditional rules for hiding your form.
To set up conditional rules for showing your subscription form:
- In the top navigation bar, click the Growth Tools tab.
- Find the subscription form that you want to edit and click its name.
- Click the Set visibility settings step and scroll down to Advanced Conditional Form Visibility Settings.
- Click the Conditional rules for showing the form tab.
- Specify if the form must be displayed when all or any of the criteria are present, using the drop-down menu.
- The option All displays the form if all the rules added are true.
- The option Any displays the form if at least one of the rules added is true.
- Click Add rule to add one or more rules and fill out the relevant fields to define them.
- Fill out the fields:
- URL Path
To set a rule based on a specific URL path, choose URL Path from the first drop-down menu, specify whether the path is /is not / contains / does not contain / starts with / does not start with /ends with /does not end with and then complete the rule by typing the appropriate URL path into the third drop-down field and then press the enter button to add the value. Please note that this url path is after your domain.
To set a rule based on a specific cookie name, choose Cookie from the first drop-down menu, specify whether it is /is not / contains / does not contain / starts with / does not start with /ends with /does not end with and then complete the rule by typing the appropriate value into the third drop-down field and then press the enter button to add the value.
To filter visitors based on their country, choose Country from the first drop-down menu, specify whether it is/is not and then choose the country from the drop-down list of available countries in the third field.
- Device Type: You can filter visitors based on whether they are viewing through their mobile phone or their desktops. Choose the condition Device Type from the first drop-down menu, select whether this is/is not, and then, from the third drop-down field, select either Desktop or Mobile.
- Operating System: You can filter visitors based on the operating system they are using. To do that choose the condition Operating System from the first drop-down menu, and in the second drop-down menu specify whether the OS is / is not and then choose from the drop-down list of popular operating systems in the third field.
- URL Path