One of the items in the Campaign Editor that you can use in designing your newsletters is social share. Adding a social share item in your newsletter allows you to display social network icons in your design. By adding this item, your subscribers can respond to your content and easily share it with their peers.
After adding a layout, you can add a social share item to your design.
To add a social share item:
- In the editor’s left pane, click the Items tab.
- Drag and drop the Social Share item to an empty layout in the editing area.
- Click the item to display the Social Share settings in the editor’s right pane. You can either scroll down to view the available settings or use the Search field to enter the name of the setting you want to edit. You can set the following:
- Background Color: select the background color of the social follow item. The default color is transparent.
- Social Settings: click the social media icon you want to use to share the URL.
Note: You can click or unclick any of the social media icons to add or remove them from your design. Added icons are colored and removed icons are grey.
- Share URL: enter the URL of the campaign that you want your subscribers to share. This generates a link to the campaign that subscribers can post to their social networking sites.
- Spacing: enter the spacing or use the up and down arrows to edit the distance between the social media icons.
- Alignment: select Center, Left, or Right alignment of the social icon.
- Icon Style: select the style you want to use for the social media icon in the newsletter.