A recipient of one of your email lists can be set as inactive for different reasons. It is worth investigating why this occurs before you move ahead with reactivating them. Here are the reasons why Moosend automatically sets a recipient as inactive:
- They have reported one of your email campaigns as spam.
- They unsubscribed by clicking on the unsubscribe link located inside every newsletter campaign you send.
- A hard bounce occurred resulting in their email being automatically archived from your email lists.
- A soft bounce repeatedly occurred resulting in their email being automatically deleted from your email lists.
If you are certain that your inactive recipient was set as such due to bounces from a spelling error on their email address which you intend to correct, or if you accidentally removed the recipient from your email list, you can reactivate them. Do not reactivate a recipient’s address if they have unsubscribed from your list or if they reported one of your campaigns.
To reactivate an inactive recipient:
- In the top navigation bar, hover your mouse over the Audience tab and click Email lists.
- Click the name of the email list that contains the member you want to reactivate.
- In the menu on the left, click View all members.
- Select the email address you want to reactivate.
- On the Select Action menu that appears above your member's email, select Change status.
- In the Change status dialog, select Active and click Change Status.
Note: To reactivate a bounced recipient, you can click the email address you want to reactivate from the list. Edit the email address of the subscriber by typing it in the corresponding Email field then click Update member. After this process, the member's status becomes Active.