One of the different archive options in Moosend lets you archive your email marketing email list using a CSV or TXT file containing your contacts up to 40MB in size. If your content contains any special characters make sure you upload a UTF-8 file for maximum compatibility.
To archive your contacts from a CSV or TXT file:
- In the top navigation bar, hover your mouse over the Audience tab, and then click Email lists.
- Click the name of the email list in which you want to archive your members.
- In the menu, click Perform bulk actions.
- In the Choose Bulk Action page, navigate to Archive List members and click Select.
- On the pop-up window that appears, go to the CSV/TXT File option and click Select.
- On the Data selection tab, click Browse and select the file that you want to import and click Next.
Note: If the separator used in your file is not a tab, a comma, a semicolon or a pipe delimiter you have to enter it in the Enter a Custom Separator field.
- On the Data Mapping tab, click each drop-down list and select the default Email field or any created custom field that fits best. If you want to map a specific column to a field, Click the Map to dropdown, select the field to use, and click Next.
Note: If you have not mapped all the fields, a notification appears asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click Ignore and continue.
- On the Notification tab, select if and how you want to be notified once the archive process has been completed and click Archive. A pop-up message informs you that your requested archive operation has been successfully queued. To view a report of your archive's progress, click Go there.Alternatively, you can click Perform bulk actions in the menu and click View Reports next to the Archive List Members option. You can view when each archive process was Started On, Finished On, the numbers of Added and Updated members and other Reports and Method used for the archive process.