One of the options to delete a contacts from your email list is by using a CSV or TXT file. You can use files of the .csv or .txt types up to 40 MB in size.
To delete contacts using a CSV or TXT file:
- In the top navigation bar, hover your mouse over the Audience tab, and then click Email lists.
- Click on the email list name from which you want to delete contacts.
- In the menu, click Perform bulk actions.
- On the Choose Bulk Action page, navigate to Delete List Members and click Select.
- In the pop-up dialog box that appears, navigate to the CSV /TXT File option and click Select.
- On the Data selection tab, click Browse and select the file that you want to import.
Note: If the separator used in your file is not a tab, a comma, a semicolon, or a pipe delimiter, you have to enter it in the Enter a custom separator field.
- On the Data Mapping tab, click each drop-down list and select the default fields or a custom field. If you want to map a specific column to a field, click the Map to drop-down list, then click the field to use, and click Next.
Note: If you have not mapped all the fields, a notification appears asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click Ignore and continue.
- On the Notification tab, select if and how you want to be notified once the delete process has been completed. Select Apply to all email lists if you want the deletion process to be applied to all your email lists simultaneously. Click Delete when you are ready to start the process.
- A pop-up dialog indicates that your requested delete operation has been successfully queued. To view a report of your import's progress, click Go there.
- Click View reports to see the details of when the delete operation started or finished and how many members were deleted.