One of the different options our platform offers to help you delete members from your email list, is by using an Excel file. Files of the .xls or .xlsx type work absolutely great, as long as they are up to 40 MB.
The deletion process is very easy, just follow the steps described below:
A. Find the Excel File delete option
1. At the top of your Dashboard page, hover your mouse over the Audience tab located at the top of your Dashboard page to reveal the drop-down menu and then click on the Email lists option.
2. Click on the name of the email list from which you want to delete members.
3. On the vertical menu on the left, tap on the Perform bulk actions button.
4. On the menu that appears, select the option Delete List Members.
5. Once inside the corresponding pop-up window that appears, select the Excel File option by clicking on the Select button below it.
B. Upload your Excel file
6. Click on the Browse button and select the Excel file you want to import from your computer. Then, tap on Next.
D. Map the data
7. Map the columns of data you uploaded to your email list fields by clicking on each drop-down list and selecting the custom field that fits best. The Email Field is available by default.
8. If you want to map a specific column to a field, continue by toggling the Map to switch to On and then clicking on the Next button. If you haven't mapped all fields, a notification will appear asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click on the Ignore and continue button.
D. Get notified
9. Choose if and how you want to be notified once the deletion process has been completed. Tick the Apply to all email lists check-box if you want the deletion process to be applied to all your email lists simultaneously. Click on the Delete button when you are ready to start the process.
10. A pop-up message will be displayed at the bottom of your page, informing you that your requested delete operation has been successfully queued. To view a report of the progress of your deletion process, click on the Go there on the right side of the pop-up message.
11. Alternatively, you can always go to the Delete List Members option inside your Perform bulk actions menu and tap on the View reports button next to it in order to check your reports.
You can find when each delete process was Started On, when it was Finished On, the numbers of Deleted members as well as more detailed Reports and the Method used for the delete process.