One of the different options our platform offers to help you unsubscribe members from your email marketing email list is by using a CSV file. Files of the .csv or .txt type work absolutely great, as long as they are up to 40 MB.
The process to unsubscribe members is very easy - just follow the steps described below:
A. Find the CSV File unsubscribe option
1. At the top of your Dashboard page, hover your mouse over the Audience tab located at the top of your Dashboard page to reveal the drop-down menu and then click on the Email lists option.
2. Click on the name of the email list from which you want to unsubscribe members.
3. On the vertical menu on the left, tap on the Perform bulk actions button.
4. On the menu that appears, select the option Unsubscribe List Members.
5. Once inside the corresponding pop-up window that appears, select the CSV / Text File option by clicking on the Select button below it.
B. Upload your CSV file
6. Click on the Browse button and select the CSV file you want to import from your computer. If the separator used in your file is not a tab, a comma, a semicolon or a pipe delimiter you have to enter it on the Enter a Custom Separator space. Then, tap on Next.
D. Map the data
7. Map the columns of data you uploaded to your email list fields by clicking on each drop-down list and selecting the Custom field that fits best. The Email Field is available by default.
8. If you want to map a specific column to a field, continue by toggling the Map to switch to On and then clicking on the Next button. If you haven't mapped all fields, a notification will appear asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click on the Ignore and continue button.
D. Get notified
9. Choose if and how you want to be notified once the unsubscribe process has been completed. Tick the Apply to all email lists check-box if you want the unsubscribe process to be applied to all your email lists simultaneously. Click on the Unsubscribe button when you are ready to start the process.
10. A pop-up message will be displayed at the bottom of your page, informing you that your requested unsubscribe operation has been successfully queued. To view a report of the progress of your unsubscribe process, click on the Go there on the right side of the pop-up message.
11. Alternatively, you can always go to the Unsubscribe List Members option inside your Perform bulk actions menu and tap on the View reports button next to it in order to check your reports.
You can find when each archive process was Started On, when it was Finished On, the numbers of Unsubscribed members as well as more detailed Reports and the Method used for the unsubscribe process.