To unsubscribe contacts using an Excel file:
- In the top navigation bar, hover your mouse over the Audience tab, and then click Email lists.
- Click the name of the email list from which you want to unsubscribe contacts.
- In the menu, click Perform bulk actions.
- On the Choose Bulk Action page, navigate to Unsubscribe List members and click Select.
- In the pop-up dialog that appears, navigate to the Excel File option and click Select.
- On the Data selection tab, click Browse and select the file that you want to import and click Next.
- On the Data Mapping tab, click each drop-down list and select the default Email field or any created custom field. If you want to map a specific column to a field, click the Map to drop-down list, select the field to use, and click Next.
Note: If you have not mapped all the fields, a notification appears asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click Ignore and continue.
- On the Notification tab, select if and how you want to be notified once the unsubscribe process has been completed. Select Apply to all email lists if you want the unsubscription process to be applied to all your email lists simultaneously. Click Unsubscribe when you are ready to start the process.
- A pop-up dialog indicates that the unsubscribe operation has been successfully queued. To view a report of the import operation, click Go there.
- Click View reports to see the details of when the unsubscribe operation started or finished and how many members were unsubscribed.