One of the items in the Landing Page Designer that you can use in designing your landing pages is a video. You can add a video item to your landing page to allow your subscribers to navigate to the video content easily, especially if they prefer watching over reading content.
After adding a layout, you can add a video item to your design.
To add a video item:
- In the designer’s left pane, click the Items tab.
- Drag and drop the Video item to an empty container in the editing area.
- Click the item to display the Video settings in the designer’s right pane. You can set the following:
- Background Color: select the background color of the video. The default color is transparent.
- Video Url: enter the URL of the video you want to link and click to apply the video URL.
Note: The video item may NOT work if you've entered a short URL for the video instead of a full link or if you haven't set the video to Public.
- Depending on the video URL you added (ex. YouTube, Vimeo, etc.), additional settings are displayed. For example, for Youtube, you can select the following options for your landing page design:
- Show Controls
- In the Padding field, enter the height or use the up and down arrows to edit the height of the video area.
Note: When subscribers click the cover image or the play icon, the video does not start playing but instead redirects to the specified video URL.