One of the items in the Landing Page Designer that you can use in designing your landing pages is a video. You can add a video item to your landing page to allow your subscribers to navigate to the video content easily, especially if they prefer watching over reading content.
After adding a layout, you can add a video item to your design.
To add a video item:
- In the designer’s left pane, click the Items tab.
- Drag and drop the Video item to an empty layout in the editing area.
- Click the item to display the Video settings in the designer’s right pane.
- You can either scroll down to view the available settings or use the Search field to enter the name of the setting you want to edit. You can set the following:
- Background Color: select the background color of the video. The default color is transparent.
- Shadow Settings: click to edit the horizontal or vertical shadow length, adjust the blur and spread radius, shadow color, and then click Apply.
- Video Url: enter the URL of the video you want to link and click to apply the video URL.
Note: The video item may NOT work if you've entered a short URL for the video instead of a full link or if you haven't set the video to Public.
Depending on the video URL you added (ex. YouTube, Vimeo, etc.), additional settings are displayed. For example, for Youtube, you can select the following options for your landing page design:
- Show Controls
- Padding: enter the height or use the up and down arrows to edit the height of the video area.
- Border Width: enter the video border width or use the up and down arrows to edit the width.
- Border Color: select the video border color.
- Border Radius: enter the radius or use the up and down arrows to edit the video border radius from 0 (rectangle) to 2000 (circle).
Note: When subscribers click the cover image or the play icon, the video does not start playing but instead redirects to the specified video URL.