Getting familiar with the general settings of the Landing Page Designer makes the customization of any template you pick from the Template Library really easy.
Let's see how you can use them:
A. General Settings
1. Click on the Settings button, located on the left side of your Landing Page Designer page.
2. Click on the up/down arrows of the Content Width field to increase or decrease the width of your landing page.
You can also type in the exact number inside the Content Width field - the default value is 1000.
3. Click on the Content Alignment option and use the drop-down menu to choose where your content will be placed within the landing page - your options are Top and Middle.
4. Click on the Border Width option and use the up/down arrows to specify the width of your landing page's border (the value is preset to 0).
You can also type the desired number directly into the Border Width field.
5. Click on the Border Color option to select whichever color you prefer for your landing page's border, out of a color palette.
The default border color is black but you can choose whichever color fits your design better.
6. Click on the Background Color option, to choose the color of your landing page's background out of a palette.
The default background color is transparent, but you can choose whichever color works best for your design.
7. Click on the Background Image button, to browse on your computer or within many applications for the perfect image to upload.
After uploading an image the additional option Remove Image will appear, as well as the Background repeat option.
8. Click on the Background repeat drop-down menu to choose the way that you want the background image to be repeated throughout the landing page canvas.
The default option is the no-repeat. You can choose to repeat the image on the horizontal (repeat-x), the vertical (repeat-y), or both horizontal and vertical axes (repeat) so that you can easily fill up the background space with an image of your choosing. Selecting the Full Width option means that the background image will take up the full width of the page.
9. Click on the Background Image button, to browse for a different image and replace the one you have already uploaded.
10. Click on the Remove Image button, to completely remove the image you've uploaded.
11. Click on the Add Custom Fonts button to browse, and select from, a variety of different custom fonts to add to your landing page design.
12. Alternatively, you can also use the search tab to look for a particular font you would like to use in your landing page design.
B. Default Settings
Each element has its own specific group of settings, its default settings, which fully open up the design customization. These are different for each element type:
- Link settings
- Slot settings
- Text settings
- Form settings
- Spacer settings
- Image settings
- Article settings
- Button settings
- Social Follow settings
- Social Share settings
Each element description goes into more detail on the particular group of settings available for it.
Click on the + symbol before each element type, to open up the element's default setting options.
This way you can quickly toggle between element settings when you need to. The Landing Page Designer cleverly brings them up when you are working with a particular element so that they are within reach if you ever need to tweak your design to perfection.