One of the items in the Campaign Editor that you can use in designing your email marketing campaigns is an article. Articles typically consist of two parts: an image and a text. You can use articles to connect your newsletters to your site.
After adding a layout, you can add an article item to your design.
A. Add an article
- In the editor’s left pane, click the Items tab.
- Drag and drop the Article item to an empty layout in the editing area.
Note: You can add an article item to any layout except the 1/3 or 1/4 slots.
- Click the Article item to display the Article settings in the editor’s right pane.
You can now edit the text and image parts of your article.
B. Edit the text part of the article
- Click the text part of the Article item to display the text toolbar.
- Enter the text you want to add by typing it directly or pasting your text.
Tip: You can use the text toolbar to edit or format the text such as changing its color, font, size, alignment, and other properties as you would in any landing page text item.
C. Edit the image part of the article
- Click the article item to display the Article settings in the editor’s right pane.
- Click Add Image to browse and use the image picker to upload an image from your computer, or from a variety of applications.
- The default layout of the article items is an image on the left and text on the right. To switch the positions of the image and the text, scroll to Image position and select Right.
- After adding an image, additional options are displayed to edit the image:
- Crop Image: click to define parts of the image you want to retain.
- Natural Size: click to resize the image to its original dimensions.
- Full Width: click to resize the image to the maximum image width in the article.
- Remove Image: click to delete the image in the layout.
- Change Image: select a new image to replace the current one.
- You can also resize the image manually. In the editing area, click and drag the bottom-right corner of your image to increase or decrease its size in the layout.
D. Edit the article settings
- Click the Article item to display the Article settings in the designer’s right pane.
- You can either scroll down to view the available settings or use the Search field to enter the name of the setting you want to edit. You can set the following:
- Background Color: select the background color of the article. By default, this is set to Transparent.
- Padding: click to display the padding options: Padding Top, Padding Bottom, Padding Left and Padding Right, then enter the row padding or use to edit the padding from 0 to 2000.
- Alignment: select Center, Left, or Right alignment.
- Image Width: enter the width or use to edit the image width. The maximum possible value for image width is 2000.
- Image Height: enter the height or use to edit the image height. The maximum possible value for image height is 2000.
- Image Border Radius: enter the radius or use to edit the image border shape between a rectangle and a circle.
- URL Link: enter the URL of the page that clicking the image leads to.
- Alt Text: enter the alternative text description of the image.
- Spacing: enter the spacing or use to edit the distance between the image and the text.