Using the Campaign Editor to design a newsletter is straightforward and you begin by defining your newsletter's overall layout. You can do this by adding empty layouts that divide the blank workspace, and where each layout can have one or more slots where you can add items to build your design.
In the Layouts tab, the layouts come in these options based on the number and size of the slots they contain:
- Full Width Container - this layout contains one vertical slot which extends to the complete width of your design.
- Half Width Container - this layout is divided into two equally sized vertical slots.
- 1/3 - 2/3 Container - this layout is divided into two vertical slots, with the first having half the width of the second.
- 2/3 - 1/3 Container - this layout is divided into two vertical slots, with the first having twice the width of the second.
- 3 X 1/3 Container - this layout is divided into three equally sized vertical slots.
- 4 X 1/4 Container - this layout is divided into four equally sized vertical slots.
Your newsletter design must have at least one layout, otherwise, you won't be able to add any items to it. This means that to create your newsletter layout, the simplest design is one that only has one layout.
When you select any layout, the default layout type is Normal. You can select other sizes of default layouts or change the default to other types that you can use to set up dynamic content blocks such as Cart Abandonment, Product Recommendation, Browse Abandonment, and RSS Campaign blocks.
In the Layouts tab, dynamic content blocks are indicated by . Unlike Normal layouts, dynamic content blocks are fully customizable and designed to pull information from a website, showing what your customers left in their baskets or looked at on your site, or suggest products that might interest them, based on what they are buying.