The true power of our platform's Automation lies in identifying your website visitors. The information flow coming from your website to your account in our platform can be harnessed to create email campaigns that are dispatched at exactly the right moment, for the right reasons, to the right people.
Segment users are now able to connect their website by using the Segment and Moosend Email Marketing Integration. To connect your website, follow the steps below:
1. Once you set a Source in your workspace, search for the Moosend Email Marketing destination in the corresponding Destinations catalog, then click to select it and continue to the next step.
2. On this step you will need to fill in your unique Website ID. To create your unique Website ID, you will need to log into your account in our platform and navigate to the Websites option in the account submenu. There you will be able to fill in the field with the url of your website.
3. Follow the installation instructions in order to add Segment to your site.
Once you complete all the above steps, the tracking library will be installed on your website.
We highly recommend adding the tracking code for the events such as Identify, Page view, Added to cart and more, by using either the JS tracking library or the PHP tracking library.
For your own convenience, we strongly suggest that you also verify the connection between your website and your account. As soon as that's done, you should go ahead and start taking advantage of your newfound knowledge of what your website users are up to. One of the most suitable ways to achieve that is by creating an Abandoned Cart automation to get things fired up.
About our platform's Website Tracking
Our platform's website tracking is a web analysis service provided by our company. The data collected is made available to the client for actionable insights (reporting, segmentation, and automation). Direct access to the data is only provided to the client through the use of our platform. The data may be used in anonymized and aggregated form from Moosend Ltd. for reporting purposes.
Moosend website tracking uses proprietary, cookie-based, technology to track data on end-user page visits, product views, user cart, and purchase information but not limited to product quantity and pricing. Data collection at any of the above levels can be turned on or off by the relevant client of our platform. Our company has no control of the status or information shared through its website tracking feature. More specifically the cookie-technology stores:
- An identification number to uniquely identify a user's browser session.
- An identification number to uniquely identify a browser. It's not possible to uniquely identify a device through this feature
- An identification number to uniquely identify the relevant website.
- Relevant flags to enable or disable certain library features including but not limited to the exit-intent functionality
Identifying Specific Users
Our website tracking uses proprietary, cookie-based, technology to link the aforementioned data to a specific user identified by his email address. This setup allows for more accurate tracking of end-users by associating them with the same ID over various sessions and devices. This functionality is called
Identify. Specific user data collection as part of the identify functionality can be turned on or off by the relevant client of our platform. Our company has no control of the status or information shared through its website tracking feature.