When you are creating an automation workflow, one of the parameters required to customize the send email action is to create the campaign content.
A. Create the campaign content
To create campaign content for an automation's send email action:
- Select an automation recipe. The tasks contained in each step of your selected workflow are shown on the page as well as the triggers and actions needed for the workflow.
Click the Then send email campaign action. The Then send email campaign dialog appears.
- In the Subject line field, enter the text that you want to appear in your recipients' inboxes.
- In the "From" name field, select the sender of your campaign. This is the name and email address that your subscribers see in their inboxes. Make sure to use a name that is easily recognizable to them.
- Select the campaign content to send using the available options. See the different options in creating the campaign content for your automation in the following procedures.
Option 1: Create campaign content using the Rich text editor
- Click the Rich text editor tab. This is the default option.
On the space provided, enter the text to create a simple HTML message.
Tip: You can use the text toolbar to edit or format the text such as changing its color, font, size, alignment, and other properties as needed.
Option 2: Create a new campaign content in the Campaign editor
- Click the Campaign editor tab and then click Go to editor. You are directed to the Campaign Editor.
- When you have finished designing your campaign, in the top menu, click Update Campaign & Continue.
- Click OK to continue. You are redirected automatically to the Then send email campaign dialog, where you can continue editing the action.
Option 3: Use existing campaign content in the Campaign editor
- Click the Campaign editor tab and then click Use a ready campaign.
- Select a campaign from the drop-down list. You can use content from a campaign that has already been sent out or just a draft campaign.
- Click Import to start fetching the content to use in your automation campaign. When the import process is completed, the HTML content of the campaign you selected is imported to your automation campaign.
Option 4: Create a campaign from scratch
- Click the Campaign editor tab and then click Create from scratch. You are directed to the campaign creation process.
- In the Set basic settings step, define the available fields. You can provide the following information:
Note: To help you fill out the details, next to the fields, a visual Help guide provides you with the needed details.
The campaign type, having to choose between HTML or Plain Text format. You could choose the Plain text only option, but we highly recommend that, unless you have good reason tο opt for plain text, you should prefer the HTML and plain text option. By using the HTML and plain text format you can get accurate reporting out of your campaign which is not an option when using plain text.
The name of your campaign, for internal use only. Use a name that will help you find your campaign later on.
The text to the right of your subject line, containing a secondary message that could help you catch your subscribers' attention. Keep in mind that you can also use tags and emojis just by clicking on the corresponding icons.
- Campaign type
- Define the settings for tracking your campaign. You can toggle the two options for tracking:
Track your campaign with Google Analytics - when switched to Yes, it allows you to track your campaigns through Google Analytics.
- Track your campaign revenue - when switched to Yes, it allows you to enable your campaign revenue tracking if you want us to track your campaign's views and orders.
- Track your campaign with Google Analytics - when switched to Yes, it allows you to track your campaigns through Google Analytics.
- Click Next to continue.
- In the Design step, you can import your desired HTML content as you would do with a regular campaign, or create a brand new campaign from scratch.
- When you have finished designing your campaign, in the top menu, click Update Campaign & Continue, and then click OK to continue.
- In the Preview step, edit a setting by clicking the Edit link or checking any missing information.
- If you want to test the look and delivery of your campaign by sending it to a small group of test emails, click Send A Test Email.
- To see exactly what your campaign looks like, click Send A Test Email.
- To run a spam test, click Spam test and then click Start test.
- When you are done, click Save and return to automation.
B. Select the number of emails per day
After creating the campaign content, you can proceed to edit the action in Then send email campaign dialog. You can select the number of email that can be sent per day from your automation workflow.
To select the number of emails per day:
- Under Emails per day, select the maximum number of emails sent by this action, per day.
The following options refer to each subscriber:
- Up to 1 email
- Up to 2 emails
- Up to 3 emails
- Up to 4 emails
- Up to 5 emails
- Click Save.