A product recommendation block is a type of dynamic content block that you can use to urge your email subscribers to check out the coolest products on your website. You can showcase products in the content of your campaign based on what your other customers have purchased or viewed, or what your best-selling products are.
When creating this type of repeatable container, you must first connect your website to your account.
A. Set up a product recommendation block
After defining your newsletter's structure by adding a container, you can set it up as a Browse abandonment block. You can choose only one type of dynamic content block container per newsletter.
To set up a product recommendation block:
- Add a container to your newsletter design.
Note: You can use any container size except the 3 x 1/3 Containers and 4 x 1/4 Containers.
- In the editing area, hover your mouse over the container to display the Actions menu.
- Click Settings to display the Row settings in the editor's right pane.
- Scroll down to the Container Type drop-down list and select Product Recommendation. Additional fields are displayed.
Note: Make sure you select the correct container in your campaign. If you've added a dynamic content block container in a regular campaign by mistake, it is possible that there'll be errors in sending your campaign. This means that for product recommendation, the campaign is sent with a random product.
- In the Select website drop-down menu, select the website that is connected to your account. The websites you have connected to our platform appear on this list. Choosing one will connect the Product recommendation block with the events on that particular website.
- In the Sort products by field, select the option to sort your products. You can sort by:
- Items purchased: This default option recommends the top products based on the number of times ordered.
- Revenue: recommends the top products based on the product revenue.
- Views: recommends the top products based on the number of product views.
- Al: provides a personalized product recommendation option for each user, based on his interactions with products on your website.
Note: A user must be identified on your website and must have interacted with a product at least once during the last 6 months. Otherwise, the user does not get any AI product recommendations.
- In the Number of products to be displayed field, enter the value or use the up and down arrows to edit the number of products to be displayed.
- Edit the rest of the available settings. They work exactly like the typical container settings and depend on the type of container you used for your product recommendation block.
B. Edit a product recommendation block
A product recommendation block is automatically filled with dynamic items. As soon you transform a container into a product recommendation block, , the following dynamic items appear inside the container:
- product image
- product title
- product price
- product code
- product manufacturer
- product category
- product URL
The content of each of these will change based on the current information on the website you connect to the particular repeatable container, via the Select product website menu, and can be discerned by each #product:tag# tag that they contain. You can freely add to or remove items as you see fit. You can also edit the items and their settings.
Items that are placed inside a dynamic content container, have an additional field in their settings called the Repeatable Element Tag. This represents the information pulled out of your website to showcase in the product recommendation block. This tag is predefined for each item included in the added dynamic content container and you must define this for any new items that you add to the container.