A cart abandonment block is a type of dynamic content block that serves as a subtle reminder to your email marketing campaign recipients about their almost completed purchases.
You can also create cart abandonment automation workflows for the same purpose but it is more effective and persuasive to add this kind of reminder in the campaign itself through the use of dynamic content that reflects the actions your customers had on your website.
When creating this type of repeatable layout, you must first connect your website to your account.
A. Set up a cart abandonment block
After defining your newsletter's layout, you can set it up as a cart abandonment block. You can choose only one type of dynamic content block per newsletter.
To set up a cart abandonment block:
- Add a layout to your newsletter design.
Note: You can use any layout size except the 3 x 1/3 Containers and 4 x 1/4 Containers.
- In the editing area, hover your mouse over the layout to display the Actions menu.
- Click Settings to display the Layout settings in the editor's right pane.
- Scroll down to the Layout Type drop-down list and select Cart Abandonment. Additional fields are displayed.
Note: Make sure you select the correct layout in your campaign. If you've added a dynamic content block in a regular campaign by mistake, it is possible that there'll be errors in sending your campaign. This means that for cart abandonment, the campaign is not sent unless the recipient has added an item to the cart.
- In the Select website drop-down menu, select the website that is connected to your account. The websites you have connected to our platform appear on this list. Choosing one will connect the Cart abandonment block with the events on that particular website.
- In the Number of products to be displayed field, enter the value or use the up and down arrows to edit the number of products to be displayed.
- Edit the rest of the available settings. They work exactly like the typical layout settings and depend on the type of layout you used for your cart abandonment block.
B. Edit a cart abandonment block
A cart abandonment block is automatically filled with dynamic items. As soon you transform a layout into a cart abandonment block, the following dynamic items appear inside the layout:
- product image
- product title
- product price
- product code
- product manufacturer
- product category
- product URL
The content of each of these will change based on the current information on the website you connect to the particular repeatable layout, via the Select product website menu, and can be discerned by each #product:tag# tag that they contain. You can freely add to or remove items as you see fit. You can also edit the items and their settings.
Items that are placed inside a dynamic content block, have an additional field in their settings called the Repeatable Item Tag. This represents the information pulled out of your website to showcase in the cart abandonment block. This tag is predefined for each item included in the added dynamic content block and you must define this for any new items that you add to the layout.