Magento is an ecommerce platform that provides online merchants with a flexible shopping cart system, as well as control over the look, content and functionality of their online store. Magento users can install our platform's add-on to connect a Magento site and enable website tracking.
To set up website tracking using the Magento plugin:
- In Magento Marketplace, find Moosend Website Connector and click Add to Cart.
- On the top right corner, click My profile and then click the Access Keys.
- Click Create a New Access Key and on the pop-up window, enter Moosend and click OK. Your Public Key and Private Key are now displayed.
- Copy your Public Key and Private Key.
- Go to your Dashboard and on the left menu, click System tab and then click Web Setup Wizard.
- On the Web Setup Wizard page, select Extension Manager.
- Paste your Public Key and Private Key in the corresponding fields and click Submit.
- To check the number of extensions ready to be installed, click Review and Install and select the checkbox next to moosend/module tracker.
- Click Install.
- Click Start Readiness Check.
- When the process is completed, click Next.
- If you don't need to create a backup, uncheck the boxes and click Next. Otherwise, click Create Backup and proceed to the third step.
- On the third step, click Install.
- On your Magento Dashboard, on the left menu, click Stores and click Configuration and then click Moosend Website Tracking.
- Click Website ID and paste your ID in the corresponding field.
Note: To retrieve your website ID, you must log into your Moosend account and in the top navigation bar, click , click Websites, then click your website's URL.
- Click Save Config to save your configuration.