You can use the "Then send a message to slack" action to let you, or any recipient you add to that list, can receive a Slack message announcing that your automation has been triggered. You can send a Slack message to yourself or someone else to keep you and your colleagues up to speed on your automation's activity.
To add a Then send a message to slack action in a workflow:
Click + below any part of your workflow where you want to add a Then send a message to slack action. In the example below, the "When someone subscribes to any list" trigger has been selected.
- The Select action dialog opens with the Conditional/Control steps tab in the left menu.
Click the Actions tab.
- Click the arrow beside the Then send a message to slack action. The Then send a message to slack dialog appears.
- Click Connect to Slack and click Allow.
- To send a direct message, type the @ symbol followed by the person's username in the appropriate field and enter the corresponding message.
- To send a message to a channel, type the # symbol followed by the channel name in the appropriate field and enter the corresponding message.
- Click Save.
- To disconnect from Slack, click Disconnect from Slack.