You can think of Automation workflows as a series of events that you prepare beforehand so that they engage your email list while you are focused on working on other things. This means that it is very important for you to make sure that what happens within an Automation workflow is set up correctly before it is launched. Actions are the pieces of your Automation workflow that represent the "what happens" part. You can select them at any point during your workflow, as long as you have first set the Automation Trigger that will set things in motion.
Creating an automation workflow is very easy and you can set up Actions at any point of the process.
Just follow the steps below:
1. Click on the + button, located at every intersection on your workflow.
A pop-up window appears.
2. Choose the Actions tab, on the pop-up that appears.
3. Click on the type of action that you want to add to your workflow.
The available options are:
- Then send email campaign
- Then send a message to slack
- Then ping me
- Then subscribe to a list
- Then unsubscribe from a list
- Then set custom field value
- Then add tags to member
- Then remove tags from member
- Then increase/decrease custom field value
- Then trigger another automation
- Then post a webhook
Learn more about what each type of Action does by clicking on the above links or take a look at how Conditional / Control steps can work to enhance your automation.