The password that you use to access our platform must be strong and secure. A number of characteristics of good passwords are listed below:
- At least 8 characters long - the longer it is, the more difficult it is for anyone to crack it.
- Inclusion of a special character in the middle of your password. For example, news&letter or reci%pient.
- A combination of lower and upper case characters, numbers, and special characters.
- Use a quote out of your favorite movie, or a proverb, and use the first and last letters of each word from the quote.
- A combination of any of the above options. The more one includes in any given password, the stronger it will be.
A good password is hard to guess, but it should be easy for you to remember—a password that has to be written down is not strong, no matter how many of the above characteristics are combined.
Avoid using any of the following:
- Words from the dictionary
- Your user name
- Your real name
- Your birthday date
- Your family members' names
- Any name - it is very common for crackers to use lists of more than 100.000 names in cracker programs.
- Adding a single character at the beginning or end of a word. For example, 1family or goal7.
- Using a capital letter at the beginning of the word. For example, Family.
- Using the same word twice. For example, familyfamily.