The Campaign Editor helps makes sure that your campaign always looks the same on any device. Not everyone uses their computers to read your email campaigns, so it is important that your subscribers can view your newsletters from their computers or mobile devices. It is also important to know the type of device they use for tracking.
You can use two editor views to work on your newsletters. When you edit using the Mobile Newsletter view, you can select the display orientation and lets you cascade blocks to ensure that your design is responsive and optimized when viewed on the small screen of a mobile device.
To edit the orientation of slots in a newsletter
- On the top menu, click . The editor switches to the Mobile Newsletter view.
- On the left pane, in Settings, scroll down to the Display Orientation.
- Select vertical if you want to enable vertical slot display. This option displays the slots of a row vertically for small-width devices.
Note: To display slots vertically, the email client needs to support the use of media queries. The following email clients support media queries:
- iOS (iPhone/iPad)
- Android 4. x native client
- Android Outlook.com app
- Windows Phone 7.5
- BlackBerry OS 6
- BlackBerry OS 7
- BlackBerry Z10
- Kindle Fire native client
- To switch to a horizontal display orientation, select horizontal.
Note: Selecting either a vertical or a horizontal orientation changes the display of ALL slots in the newsletter.
- If you want to change the slot orientation of a specific layout only, in the editing area, hover your mouse over a layout to display the Actions menu.
- Click Settings to display the Layout settings in the editor's right pane.
- Select Do not cascade blocks if you don't want the slots within your layout to be cascaded or stacked vertically.
Note: You should always check how your newsletter design looks using the Preview mode in the editor.