Adding emojis or symbols in the subject lines of your email marketing campaigns can help increase the open rate of your campaigns if used correctly. Emojis are typically effective when a recipient opens your newsletter from a smartphone. You can target your campaigns using emojis to subscribers who usually open newsletters using their smartphones.
To add emojis:
- Open the campaign you want to work on and go to the Set basic settings step.
- In the Subject line field, enter the text of your campaign, click and then select the symbol you want to use from the emoji gallery.
- If you can't find the emoji you are looking for in the gallery, copy the symbols (e.g. ☂ ☁ ✈) from another application, and then paste them into the Subject line field.
Note: Certain symbols don't have a keyboard shortcut assigned to them, so you must use the Copy & Paste function of your keyboard to insert them.
- If you want to assign a keyboard shortcut to the symbols, find the symbol you need in your word processor and assign a shortcut to the symbol. You can use the shortcut to insert the symbol as you would insert any letter.
Note: To do this, click Insert and choose the symbol from the dialog box. After choosing the symbol, look for the Shortcut Key item to assign a shortcut key. For example, if you want to assign the Alt+3 shortcut to the heart symbol ♥, click Assign and then press the Alt+3 button combination on your keyboard. Every time you want to add ♥ you just press the Alt+3 on your keyboard. Similarly, the sun symbol ☼ is Alt+15. You can find more details on all symbols and their shortcuts.
- If you want to find suggestions for your subject line to improve your open rate, click .
- If you want to add personalization tags and fallback values, click #.