Our platform automatically adds an Update Profile link to urge your subscribers to update their profile, by giving you information that you might have missed. The link is placed at the bottom of every campaign you send and can be seen only when the campaign is viewed through the recipient's browser.
It might sometimes be a good idea to move this link to a more prominent place inside your newsletter, so as to gather more information from your subscribers.
The quickest and most practical way to insert this link in your newsletters is by using our platform's Campaign Editor, just follow these simple steps:
1. Drag and drop a Text Element in the Container of your choice.
We chose the Text Element as the most straightforward example. You can choose the Element type that best fits your campaign design as long as you can add text inside it.
2. Click on the Text Element you just added.
3. Type in the text of your choice in the available area.
4. Select the part of the text you want to act like an Update Profile Link.
5. Click on the Link button, located on the text editor area above your Text Element.
A pop-up window appears.
6. Type in the #updateProfileLink# tag, on the available URL field.
The Protocol option will automatically change to <other> to suit the type of URL you just added.
7. Click on the OK button.
When your subscribers click on this link our Update Profile form appears, where they can add personal information that you have specified as your Custom Fields. Your email list will be automatically updated to include the new information.
8. Use the styling options of the text editor area to restyle your link, by changing its color, font, size, alignment, and other characteristics as you see fit.
You can also find the Update Profile Link option inside the Personalization tags drop-down list, located on the Text Parameters pop-up. By clicking on the Update Profile Link option from the drop-down menu, you can get a quick reminder of how the tag looks like, or you can just copy and paste it from here:
If you add the #updateProfileLink# tag inside your text without turning it into a link, as explained above, then your recipients will see the complete URL for the link when they receive your campaign. In either case, the link will appear inside your design, while the Update Profile link which is automatically placed by our platform at the bottom of your campaign will disappear since it has been replaced by the one you just added.