When you create campaigns using the Campaign Editor, an Update Profile link is automatically added to urge subscribers to update their profile and provide more information. By default, the link is placed at the bottom of every campaign you send, and can only be seen only when viewed through the recipient's browser. You can customize your update profile link by editing the style of the link and moving it to a more prominent place inside your newsletter.
To customize an Update Profile link:
- In the editor’s left pane, click the Items tab.
- Drag and drop the Text item to an empty container in the editing area.
Note: We use Text in this example but you can choose any element type that lets you add text to it and one that best fits your campaign design.
- Click the text item to display the Text settings in the editor’s right pane.
- In the Content tab, in the text field, enter the text that you want to display as an Update Profile link by typing it directly or pasting the text.
- Select the part of the text that you want to use as a link. The selected text is highlighted in blue.
- Click or press Ctrl+L on your keyboard.
- In the Insert/Edit Link dialog, in the Personalization Tags drop-down menu, select Update Profile Link.
- Click Save. When your subscribers click this link, our Update Profile form appears where they can add personal information that you have specified as Custom Fields. Your email list will be automatically updated to include the new information.
- You can use the styling options of the text toolbar to edit your unsubscribe link, by changing its color, font, size, alignment, and other characteristics as you see fit.
Note: You can also find the Update Profile Link option in the Personalization tags drop-down list, in the Content tab of Text settings. The tag looks like this #updateProfileLink# after you select it. If you add this #updateProfileLink# tag without making it into a link as shown in the above procedure, then your recipients will see the complete URL for the link when they receive your campaign. In either case, the link appears in your design, and the Update Profile link automatically generated by our platform at the bottom of your campaign disappears and is replaced by the one you just added.