We automatically insert a Forward to a Friend link on your email campaigns to allow your subscribers to forward your campaign to their friends. By default, the link is placed at the bottom of your newsletter, and it only appears when your recipients view your newsletter on their browser. You can choose the add the link using personalization tags directly to the main content of your newsletter.
A. Add a link in the Campaign Editor
To add a Forward to a Friend link in a newsletter in the Campaign Editor:
- Open the campaign you want to edit in the Campaign Editor.
- In the editor’s left pane, click the Items tab.
- Drag and drop the Text item to an empty container in the editing area. We use Text in this example but you can choose any item that can contain text.
- Click the Text item to display the Text settings in the editor’s right pane.
- In the Content tab, in the text field, enter the text that you want to display as a Forward to a Friend link by typing it directly or pasting the text.
- Select the part of the text that you want to use as a link. The selected text is highlighted in blue.
- Click or press Ctrl+L on your keyboard.
- In the Insert/Edit Link dialog, in the Personalization Tags drop-down menu, select Forward to a Friend Link.
- Click Save. The appropriate personalization tag appears in your design.
B. Add a link during the Design step
To add a Forward to a Friend link in a newsletter using the Personalization tags list in the Design step:
- In the Design step of the campaign creation process, toggle Imported Campaign template to Active.
- Click Add personalization tags.
- On the Select tag drop-down menu, select Forward to a Friend Link.
- In the Choose where to insert field, place your cursor on the part of your newsletter's code where you want the link to appear.
- Click Insert tag. You can also click Preview to check how the tag is displayed in your design. The #forwardToFriendLink# tag appears inside your HTML and replaces the default link automatically added by our platform at the bottom of your page.
C. Add a link by inserting the tag manually
You can also manually add the Forward to a Friend link directly into the body of your HTML or inside your design using our Campaign Editor. Just copy and paste the tag #forwardToFriendLink#.