One of the different options our platform offers to help you permanently delete members from your email list, is by simply copying and pasting. Should you need to delete more than 500 list members you can choose one of the other available deletion methods, like using a .csv .xlsx .xls or .txt file, or through the use of one of our cool integration plugins.
To use Copy & Paste for your members' deletion, just follow the steps below:
A. Find the Paste Text delete option
1. At the top of your Dashboard page, hover your mouse over the Audience tab located at the top of your Dashboard page to reveal the drop-down menu and then click on the Email lists option.
2. Click on the name of the email list from which you want to delete members.
3. On the vertical menu on the left, tap on the Perform bulk actions button.
4. On the menu that appears, select the option Delete List Members.
5. Once inside the corresponding pop-up window that appears, select the Paste Text option by clicking on the Select button below it.
B. Paste your list
6. Scroll down to the Paste your list field and paste the members from your file.
Then, tap on Next.
You can always type the emails here, along with any other information you want to include, but since this method gives you the option to delete up to 500 members it might be quicker for you to just copy & paste your list instead. Keep in mind that as long as you separate information with a comma, you can add more than just the recipient's email address. In order to have successful uploading, we strongly recommend that you use one line per subscriber.
D. Map the data
7. Map the columns of data you uploaded to your email list fields by clicking on each drop-down list and selecting the custom field that fits best. The Email Field is available by default.
8. If you want to map a specific column to a field, continue by toggling the Map to switch to On and then clicking on the Next button. If you haven't mapped all fields, a notification will appear asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click on the Ignore and continue button.
D. Get notified
9. Choose if and how you want to be notified once the deletion process has been completed. Tick the Apply to all email lists check-box if you want the deletion process to be applied to all your email lists simultaneously. Click on the Delete button when you are ready to start the process.
10. A pop-up message will be displayed at the bottom of your page, informing you that your requested delete operation has been successfully queued. To view a report of the progress of your deletion process, click on the Go there on the right side of the pop-up message.
11. Alternatively, you can always go to the Delete List Members option inside your Perform bulk actions menu and tap on the View reports button next to it in order to check your reports.
You can find when each delete process was Started On, when it was Finished On, the numbers of Deleted members as well as more detailed Reports and the Method used for the delete process.