One of the options to delete contacts from your email list is by copying and pasting. If you need to delete more than 500 list members, it is better to use other deletion methods using .csv, .xlsx, .xls, or .txt file, or through our integration plugins.
To delete contacts using copy and paste:
- In the top navigation bar, hover your mouse over the Audience tab, and then click Email lists.
- Click on the email list name from which you want to delete contacts.
- In the menu, click Perform bulk actions.
- On the Choose Bulk Action page, navigate to Delete List Members and click Select.
- In the pop-up dialog box that appears, navigate to the Paste Text option and click Select.
- On the Data selection tab, in the Paste your list field, paste the members from your file and click Next.
Note: You can always type the emails here, along with any other information you want to include, but since this method gives you the option to delete up to 500 members it might be quicker for you to just copy & paste your list instead. Keep in mind that as long as you separate information with a comma, you can add more than just the recipient's email address. In order to have successful uploading, we strongly recommend that you use one line per subscriber.
- On the Data Mapping tab, click each drop-down list and select the default fields or a custom field. If you want to map a specific column to a field, click the Map to drop-down list, then click the field to use, and click Next.
Note: If you have not mapped all the fields, a notification appears asking if you want to ignore any columns that remain unmapped. Click Ignore and continue.
- On the Notification tab, select if and how you want to be notified once the delete process has been completed. Select Apply to all email lists if you want the deletion process to be applied to all your email lists simultaneously. Click Delete when you are ready to start the process.
- A pop-up dialog indicates that your requested delete operation has been successfully queued. To view a report of your import's progress, click Go there.
- Click View reports to see the details of when the delete operation started or finished and how many members were deleted.