Our platform's Form Designer allows you various options when it comes to changing the settings of a Text element contained within your subscription form.
Let's check out the details:
A. Editing your text.
1. Select the part of the text you want to edit.
Selected text will be highlighted in blue.
2. Click on any of the available icons on the pop-up toolbar to edit your text accordingly. You can check each icon's functionality by hovering your cursor over it for a second. Your options are:
- New Page
Clears all content inside the text area.
Removes selected text, while giving you the option to paste it elsewhere.
Copies selected text, giving you the option to paste it elsewhere.
Pastes the text which you have previously cut/copied on the designated text spot.
- Paste as plain text
Pastes the text which you have previously cut/copied removing any decorations (re: formatting, styling etc.).
- Paste from Word
Pastes the text which you have previously cut/copied from a Word document, retaining all decorations, fonts, links etc.
- Show Blocks
Allows you to see the blocks in which your text resides, which is really useful when you use lists, quotes, or paragraphs in the same container.
- Edit Html
Allows you to edit the Html code of the text you have added.
B. Customizing how the text looks
Click on any of the available icons on the pop-up toolbox to customize your text accordingly. Make sure that you have first selected the correct text to alter. Your options are:
- Formatting Styles
A drop-down list with a variety of block styles to quickly customize your text.
- Paragraph Format
A drop-down list with preset text sizes. Normal is the default setting.
- Font Name | Font Size
Drop-down lists which allows you to select between commonly used font types and different font sizes (indicated in pixels). You can also browse different fonts by clicking on the Add Custom Fonts button located on the left of your Designer page.
- Text Color | Background Color
Changes the text and background respectively by way of presets. Click on the More Colors... option to pick a color from a palette.
- Align Left | Align Right | Center | Justify
Various alignment options that stylize your paragraphs.
- Bold | Italic | Underlined | Strikethrough
Decoration options most commonly used in landing page texts.
- Numbered List | Bulleted List
Creates a numbered or bulleted list from the selected text.
- Block Quote
Places selected text inside a quote block. An available red paragraph button afterwards allows you to separate the quoted text from the rest by means of a paragraph.
- Remove Format
Removes any formatting from the selected text.
C. Adding and removing URL links
1. Select the text that will be used as a link.
2. Click on the Link button, located on the toolbox pop-up.
3. Select the URL option from the Link Type drop-down list.
4. Select the appropriate protocol from the Protocol drop-down list.
5. Fill in the URL that your link will lead to.
6. Switch to the Target tab inside the pop-up.
7. Select the option that best fits your subscription form design from the Target dropdown list.
8. Click the OK button when you are ready.
9. Select the link you want to remove.
10. Click on the Unlink button, located on the toolbox pop-up, to remove the link from the text.
D. Adding an anchor link
1. Select the text that will act as an Anchor.
2. Click on the Anchor button, located in the toolbar pop-up.
3. Type in the Anchor Name in the designated area.
This will serve as the identifier for your anchor, as you will need to link to it later.
4. Click on the OK button.
5.Check that the red flag symbol has been added next to your text, signifying that there is an anchor available in that section of your subscription form.
6. Select the text which will lead to your anchor when clicked on.
7. Click on the Link button, located on the toolbox pop-up.
8. Select the Link to anchor in the text from the Link Type drop-down list.
9. Select the correct anchor by using the By Anchor Name drop-down list.
Alternatively you can select the anchor using the By Element ID drop-down list.
10. Click on the OK button.
E. Adding an email link
1. Select the text that will be used as an email link.
2. Click on the Link button, located in the toolbar pop-up.
3. Select the E-mail option from the Link Type drop-down list.
4. Fill in the E-mail Address in the designated area.
5. Fill in the Message Subject on the designated area.
6. Fill in the Message Body on the designated area.
7. Click on the OK button.
When your recipients click on the email link a pop-up window appears, giving them the option to send an email to their peers, based on the settings you have just set.
F. Customizing the Text element container
1. Click on the Background Color option, located on the left side of your Designer page, to choose the background color of your text out of a palette.
2. Click on the up/down arrows on the Padding option to change the height that the text will take up inside the container.
Alternatively, you can fill in the padding size number directly, in the designated area next to the arrows.
3. Clicking on the lock icon right next to the Padding field reveals more Padding options, namely: Padding Top, Padding Bottom, Padding Left and Padding Right.
As before, use the up/down arrows to choose the amount of padding at the top, the bottom, on the left and on the right of your Text element.
4. Click on the Add Custom Fonts button to add new fonts for your text.
Once you add your desired font, you can find it available for selection in the Font drop-down list inside the toolbar pop-up, along with the other text settings.