Design is not just about how your newsletter looks, it's also about how it works. From links to the various destinations you want to lead your subscribers to, to being able to quickly send them to a table of contents, or a simple "back to top" link, Anchors are practical tools that help you make your design look and feel professional, and more importantly, it makes for a fluid experience that helps those receiving your campaigns navigate through them without any effort.
After you have started defining the structure of your newsletter design you should begin adding elements to it and filling it with content. Our platform's Campaign Editor tends to enhance even the most common options to more creative capabilities - a good example of this is by adding Anchors to your text.
Let's see how to add one to your newsletter:
You can add more Containers or Text Elements if you need them in your design. Just make sure you add at least one so you can check how the Anchor works.
2. Click on the Text Element you just added.
3. Type the text of your choice into the available area.
You will be using parts of the text as an anchor and other parts as links that lead to the anchor. It's best to use related words or phrases so that it makes sense what each link does. Your subscribers won't be seeing the anchors but they will know a link when they see it.
4. Select the text you want to act as an anchor.
5. Click on the Anchor button, located on the text editor area above your Text Element.
A pop-up window appears.
6. Type in a name for your anchor, on the Anchor Name field of the Anchor Properties pop-up.
Later on, you will be using the name of each anchor to utilize them inside your newsletter. So make sure you use a memorable name for each anchor so that you won't need to revisit your design to check which name you have used on which occasion.
7. Click on the OK button when you are done.
8. Check that the red flag symbol is added next to your text, signifying that there is an anchor available in that section of your newsletter.
You can add as many anchors as you want, just repeat the procedure above for each one.
Β. Adding a link to the Anchor
1. Select the text you want to act as a link to your anchor.
2. Click on the Link button, located on the text editor area above your Text Element.
Alternatively, you can use the (Ctrl+L) key combo. A pop-up window appears.
3. Click on the Link Type drop-down menu, located on the Link Info tab of the Link pop-up.
Your options are:
- Link to anchor in the text
4. Choose the Link to anchor in the text option from the Link Type drop-down menu, located on the Link Info tab of the Link pop-up.
5. Choose the appropriate anchor you want to link to, using the Select an Anchor drop-down menus.
You can choose either:
- By Anchor Name
This is a list of all the names you've added as anchor names. All available anchors will be listed here.
- By Element ID
This is a list of all the IDs of Elements in which an anchor exists.
6. Click on the OK button when you are done.
You can always add typical links inside your newsletter, or even give your subscribers the handy option of sending you an email directly from your campaign with just a simple click.