The Campaign Editor lets you add Anchors to your newsletter text. From links to the various destinations you want to lead your subscribers to, to being able to quickly send them to a table of contents, or a simple "back to top" link, Anchors are practical tools that help you make your design look and feel professional, and more importantly, it makes for a fluid experience that helps those receiving your campaigns navigate through them without any effort.
A. Add an anchor
To add an anchor:
- Drag and drop a Text item in the layout of your choice.
- Click on the Text item to display the Text settings in the editor’s right pane.
- In the Content tab, in the text field, enter the text by typing it directly or pasting the text.
Note: You will be using parts of the text as an anchor and other parts as links that lead to the anchor. It's best to use related words or phrases so that it makes sense what each link does. Your subscribers won't be seeing the anchors but they will know a link when they see it.
- Select the part of the text that you want to use as an anchor. The selected text is highlighted in blue.
- Click to add the anchor.
- In the Anchor dialog, enter the ID, and then click Save. After saving, an anchor symbol is added next to the text.
Β. Add a link to the anchor
To add a link to the anchor:
- In the Content tab, select the text you want to act as a link to your anchor. The selected text is highlighted in blue.
- Click or press Ctrl+L on your keyboard.
- In the Insert/Edit Link dialog, in the Anchors drop-down list, select an anchor from the list of anchors you've added before.
- Click Save.