One of the items in the Form Designer that you can use in designing your subscription forms is a timer. You can use a timer to inform your subscribers about an upcoming event like a sale, a special offer, or a product launch. Adding a visual reminder that counts down to a specific date and time helps create a sense of urgency to make your subscribers take action. From the Items tab, you can see if your selected template contains a timer by default. You can not add a new timer to your form. You can only edit a timer that is defaulted in your selected template.
After editing the layout, you can edit the item in your design.
To edit a timer item:
- In the editing area, click the timer to display the Timer settings in the designer’s right pane.
- You can either scroll down to view the available settings or use the Search field to enter the name of the setting you want to edit. You can set the following:
- Background Color: select the background color of the timer.
- Shadow Settings: click to edit the horizontal or vertical shadow length, adjust the blur and spread radius, shadow color, and then click Apply.
- Date: select the date and time for your timer to expire and then click OK.
- Select theme: select the Normal or the Text theme from the drop-down list.
Note: The two themes refer to whether the generated countdown timer is displayed as numbers or text. You can check what the time looks like in the selected theme using the Preview mode.
- Click the Font Settings drop-down to expand the settings. You can set the following:
- Font Family: select the font type of the counter numbers.
- Label Family: select the font type of the text labels.
- Font Size: select the font type of the counter numbers.
- Label Font Size: select the font type of the text labels.
- Label Color: select the color of the text labels.
- Time Color: select the color of the counter numbers.
- Click the Box Settings drop-down to expand the settings. You can set the following:
- Border Width: enter the radius or use the up and down arrows to edit the box radius from 0 (square) to 60 (circle).
- Box Radius: enter the radius or use the up and down arrows to edit the box radius from 0 (square) to 60 (circle).
- Box Color: select the color of the box.
- Border Color: select the color of the box border.
- Padding: click the lock icon to display these options: Padding Top, Padding Bottom, Padding Left and Padding Right, then enter the timer padding or use the up and down arrows to edit the padding from 0 to 2000.
- Click the Edit Labels drop-down to expand the settings to customize the timer’s text labels. You can enter your preferred labels for Days, Hours, Minutes, and Seconds.